Sacramento, CA – September 12, 2015
WHAT: To commemorate the tremendous efforts of local restaurants and food facilities, the Sacramento County Environmental Management Department will recognize Sacramento County operators during National Food Safety Month who have achieved three consecutive health inspections without major violations. Of those 500+ honored, one establishment from each of the five Sacramento County supervisorial districts has been chosen to receive their certificate at the Board of Supervisors meeting on September 13.
WHEN: Tuesday, September 13, 2016 at 10:30 a.m.
WHERE: Sacramento County Board of Supervisors Chambers, 700 H Street, 1st Floor, Sacramento, CA 95814
VISUALS: Each district representative honoree will be presented by the Board of Supervisors to receive a Board resolution.
AWARDS OF EXCELLENCE DISTRICT REPRESENTATIVE HONOREES:
- District 1 – Supervisor Serna
- Edible Events located off Del Paso Blvd caters a spectrum of food from simple to spectacular. Whether it’s a special occasion or lunch in the boardroom, only locally sourced, seasonal ingredients are used to create the perfect menu.
- District 2 – Supervisor Kennedy
- John D Sloat School in the Sacramento City Unified School District on Candlewood Way not only nurtures elementary school children’s’ minds, it also nourishes with safely prepared food for its students.
- District 3 – Supervisor Peters
- Boudin SF on Fair Oaks Blvd in Loehmann’s Plaza carries on the tradition of San Francisco sourdough bread to create the perfect bowl of chowder or baguette sandwiches, as well as offering salads, pizza and breakfast.
- District 4 – Supervisor MacGlashan
- Rosie’s Country Kitchen on Auburn Blvd has something for every craving. Tempting breakfast favorites abound and are served all day. Other offerings include sandwiches, burgers, steaks, seafood and poultry, as well as Indian delights.
- District 5 – Supervisor Nottoli
- Ginelle’s Bakery, a family-owned business located on Bruceville Road is a Filipino-American bakery that offers an extensive-range of beautiful specialty breads and pastries sure to make you happy.
CONTACT: Brenda Bongiorno, Communication and Media Officer, 916-874-7798